Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
At North Somercotes C.E. Primary School we aim to encourage all children to have an equal opportunity to contribute fully to the life and work of the school. We believe that learning should take place in a climate of warmth and support, in which each individual can develop and grow in self-confidence and self-esteem. We believe that with the right training, strategies and support virtually all children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities can be successfully included in mainstream education and will all make progress academically, personally, socially and spiritually. The teaching and learning achievements, attitudes and well-being of every pupil matter and should be valued in relation to their own potential, not the achievement of others.
- To identify, at the earliest possible opportunity, barriers to learning and participation for all pupils and make an early, accurate identification of those who may have SEND
- To work in partnership with parents/carers
- To value and encourage the contribution of all pupils to the life of the school
- To ensure that every pupil experiences success in their learning and achieves to the highest possible standard
- To enable all pupils to participate in lessons fully and effectively
- To work with the Governors to enable them to fulfil their statutory monitoring role with regard to the Policy Statement for SEND
- To work closely with external support agencies, where appropriate, to further support the needs of individual pupils
- To ensure that all staff have access to training and advice to support quality differentiated teaching and learning for all pupils.
Who can I contact for further information?
The Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators (SENCo) are Mrs Knott and Mrs Sandiford
The SEND Governor is Miss Pinder
The Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mr Floyd (Headteacher)
Please click the following links: